Bradford suffered their third defeat in five games at the weekend when 2nd in the league Gillingham put three goals past them.

After the Bantams had already suffered a mid-week defeat at Sheffield United by 3-1, spirits would not be running high at valley parade. Bradford's chances of promotion are looking ever more unlikely, since their undefeated run ended with a defeat by Walsall way back in November. City have also had to deal with two games, ( Southend utd and Burton Albion) being postponed due to bad weather. These seem to have an adverse effect on the bantams as they can not seem to sustain the form they were having before November.

It would take Gillingham just over 3 and a half minutes to put the first goal past Bradford, when Bradley Dacks left footed wonder strike from 20 yards out, sailed into the bottom left corner of Bradford's goal. On the stroke of ten minutes Dack would be involved again when his cross was met by the right foot of Rory Donnelly which saw the ball zip into the bottom right for Gillingham's second goal.

Bradford would try and answer back however with shots from Gary liddle on 17 minutes, but Gillingham keeper nelson would comfortably save on his top left of the net. Next on 22 minutes Tony Mcmahon's right footed shot would also be denied.

Just a minute later and both James hanson and Gary liddle would have their shots also denied.

52 minutes would see Bradford forced into substituting Reece burke, who crashed painfully into the advertising board and was thought to have sustained a broken wrist. This would not be the case as further test would show only a deep cut.

88 minutes saw Doug loft's close range shot zip past Bantams keeper Williams, after a Ryan Jackson assist.

Gillingham 3 city 0

On 90 minutes the substitute Nathan Clarke, who had come on for injured Burke, hauled down Elliot List and was shown an immediate red card by the referee.

Bradford are in 12th with 34 points, the same as 9th place Rochdale and still have two games in hand.

Bradford FA cup story