2930 fans went to the Coral Windows Stadium, Valley Parade, on what was a rainy cold night in Bradford to see the team play the first round replay against Aldershot.

Bradford Manager Phil Parkinson made two changes to his starting 11 that faced and beat Crewe Alexandra at the weekend, Mark Marshall in on the left wing for Kyel Reid and Devante Cole would start upfront instead of Billy Clarke. Reece Burke was deemed not fit to play after picking up a small knee injury in training on Monday.

Aldershot would start Luke Oliver who once had played for the Bantams and won for them the player of the year and appeared 119 times.

So the stage was set, and BT Sport was watching, this meaning that on top of the £18,000 fee for the winners each team got an added bonus of £33,000 for the televised match.

It would take Bradford just 1 minute to have their first chance at glory when Devante Cole shot high over the bar, after his shot was called offside, however the replay would show a bad call, as he was onside when the pass was played.

Aldershot would respond 4 minutes later when Richard Brodie had his first chance of the match but missed poorly. Four minutes later they would test Ben Williams, the Bradford city keeper with two nice shots after Richard Brodie's blistering shot would be saved but bounce back to Sam Hatton, who would agonizingly shoot wide.

Bradford would see their best chance of the opening 20 minutes come from Mark Marshall as his shot, which had some nice pace would have to helped expertly by Aldershot keeper, Phil Smith onto the post.

27 Minutes in Aldershot keeper Phil Smith would come running out of his box as Bradford Striker Devante Cole chased down a ball, Smith would slide in a take out the player earning the first yellow card of the season, but no player from City could find a handle of the ball to take advantage of the open net.

29 Minutes in gave Aldershot their best chance of the game so far as Jim Stevenson was denied by the Bradford keeper after a world class effort. Richard Brodie would be shown a yellow card, towards the end of the first half for Bradford, this being for descent.

Just after the second half started James Hanson would go over awkwardly on his ankle, though showing no sign of real damage, he would soon after be replaced by Billy Clarke, who would be slowly getting back from injury but was revealed to now be with Bradford till 2018 after signing a contract.

At the hour mark Bradford city would finally break the agonizing deadlock With a wonder strike from Greg leigh after he caught the Aldershot keeper off his line and chipped it over his head. Bradford 1-0.

The only other goal of the match would come again from City, after Aldershot's Omar Beckles left his foot out and tripped Luke James, Tony Mcmahon, would net the ball, from the penalty decision, which had too much power on it for the Aldershot keeper to keep out despite getting a hand to it. It would be Mcmahon's first goal for city since April. City 2-0.

After the game Phil Parkinson said to BT Sport: The team was over anxious in the first half in the difficult conditions, Aldershot played tight and did not leave much space, he felt Bradford in the first half felt the pressure and were too hurried and made mistakes, The lads were better second half.

He now needs to go and research the next team Chesham United as he knows the FA cup can make teams raise their game but he is ready for them.

Billy Smith of Aldershot was "proud of his players and this would give them optimism and belief for their own league season, but it dissappointed that after holding Bradford and being better first half they had not taken anything from the game"

Bradford now have 5 games without conceeding a goal and 8 games unbeaten. and now look forward to Chesham United in round 2. Also Bradford City face Scunthorpe in League one on Saturday.

Other city peices:bradford city v crewe review