Europe is a beautiful place to visit and take in the sights. I've put together some of my favourite and the most picturesque things to see in Europe, and the best thing is all of them are free or very cheap!
1. Edinburgh from Arthur's Seat: One of the best views of the city is from this spot, the other being from the castle. This is simply breath taking.
2. View of Prague from Prague Castle: This is where the city of 100 spires comes into its own. In between the red rooftops, spires from the several beautiful churches the city boasts can be seen. I've seen this view for myself, and it is truly breath taking.
3. Prague: In general, Prague is something else. It truly is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.
It feels like you are in a fairy tale. Be warned, your neck will ache from looking up at the beautifully carved buildings. As well as this, there are some soviet style buildings, and the odd statue of Vladimir Lenin!
4. Paris from the top of L'arc De Triomphe: Experiencing Paris from the top of the Arc is not for the faint hearted. The stairs are narrow, but it's worth it. You can get a full 360 degree view of this wonderfully hectic city. We didn't have time to go up the Eiffel Tower, as we were there for only a day, but this view was worth the trip alone.
5. Museum Island, Berlin: My list wouldn't be complete without a mention of my personal favourite city. Museum Island is one of my favourite places in this wonderful city. It's full of a whole bunch of museums, on islands (as if the name doesn't give it away!). These are connected by bridges and walk ways. A personal favourite of mine was the Pergamon Museum.
6. Stirling from The Wallace Monument: I live in Stirling, therefore this had to be on my list.
Again, you get a full on 360 degree view of my lovely wee city (it's tiny for a city trust me!). The stairs are narrow, but I walked up it with my arm in a cast, therefore if I can do it while injured, anyone can! Once you are at the top, you'll see what all the fuss is about.
These are my personal top six picks of the most beautiful places in Europe. There are many more hidden in the recesses of my brain, so you can definitely expect a part two feature coming very soon.