Road rage is one of the reasons for death on our roads. It is really worth the effort to get mad at the driver in front of you? It is very beneficial to keep calm despite the havoc on the road.
Road rage is commonly described as a driver of a vehicle shouting, hooting or even driving into a vehicle in front or behind them. He or she feels that whoever is driving the vehicle in front of them, is driving either to fast, to slow or not in the right manner. This person gets angry and can cause injury to another driver or even death.
There are however drivers on the roads that do not comply to all the rules of the road. Hence another reason for Road Ragers to cause havoc on roads. Both Road Ragers and drivers driving recklessly are in the wrong.
It is very beneficial to keep calm in situations where bad driving or road rage occur. Be careful not to become a Road Rager yourself with these tips:
- Play soft, calming music while you are driving to your destination. It does not have to be Bach or Gregorian, but keep your music selection light.
- Rest thoroughly before you get behind the driver seat. This is very important, especially if you have a long journey ahead of you.
- Make sure that your vehicle is well ventilated. If you do not have an air con inside your vehicle, invest is a small fan or just keep one window of our car open.
- Make sure that you have enough time to reach your destination. If you are in a hurry, you just might overlook that red traffic light...
- Keep a safe speed. The law has stipulated a certain speed to drive to regulate. maintain and keep all drivers safe. Failure to comply to those rules will lead to injury and death.
- If a person is driving at a speed lower than they should, indicating the wrong way or just driving in a manner that they shouldn't, do not jump into a fit of road rage. Calmly wait until safe to do so and then overtake the person.
- Lastly, it is never easy to stay calm in situations where you know you are right and the other person is wrong. Think of it this way: Would you rather prove that you are right and possibly cause an accident that could have been prevented?