#Jack Wilshere has been plagued by injuries throughout his career and has now suffered another setback. The 25-year-old has been on a season-long loan at Bournemouth and has been able to stay fit for a majority of the season. During the Cherries' match against Tottenham, however, Wilshere suffered yet another injury while trying to block Harry Kane's shot. The #Arsenal loanee is now expected to miss the remainder of the season but has already taken to Twitter to declare his desire to return stronger. In Thursday's press conference, Arsene #Wenger has now revealed the extent of Wilshere's injury and when he will return to the pitch..

Advertisements

Advertisements

Wilshere expected to return in July, says Wenger

It has been reported that Wilshere suffered a broken leg after a challenge with Harry Kane during their match at White Hart Lane. Wenger [VIDEO] has now confirmed these reports while stating that the fracture was not too serious. "He will be back in July for normal training. I think it's a simple fracture of the fibula and we need patience," said the Arsenal boss. Bournemouth had previously given a statement thanking Wilshere for his commitment during his time with the Cherries.

Eddie Howe, the Cherries' manager, stated that the club has "loved working with [Wilshere]" and further thanked the England international for his "huge contribution" to the team. However, the statement also indicated that the 25-year-old's time at Bournemouth had come to an end due to the injury.

Advertisements

"We wish him a quick recovery and thank him for his effort and professionalism while he was with us," said Howe.

Wenger on Wilshere's future at Arsenal

During the press conference, Wenger also touched upon Wilshere's future at Arsenal. The midfielder, whose contract with the Gunners expires at the end of next season, has not been offered a new deal as of now. Wenger stated that Wilshere's injury will not have any impact on his contract situation and further revealed that negotiations would commence at the end of the season.

"There have been no negotiations. For all these cases with only one year to go we will talk during the break," said the Frenchman. As indicated by the Arsenal boss, Wilshere is not the only Arsenal star running out of contract next year. The likes of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil have yet to pen a new deal as well. Sanchez, however, is looking increasingly likely to leave the Gunners in the summer, with both Chelsea and Manchester City believed to be keen on his services.