Police have named the five-year-old boy who is thought to have died from choking on a school dinner at his primary school in Hull. The boy’s name is Theodore Silvester, and he was a foundation student at Anlaby Primary School, where he took ill during Friday lunchtime.

Paramedics arrived at the scene but unfortunately could not save him

Paramedics rushed to the school, but unfortunately they were unable to save him, and they later pronounced that Silvester had died. In a statement released by the Yorkshire Ambulance Service, they confirmed that “we attended an incident in Anlaby and, following the tragic outcome, our thoughts remain with the family at this difficult time.”

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Cockerill called it “heartbreaking that a child has died” and vowed that he and the Police were “supporting the child’s family.” The authorities have yet to carry out a post-mortem examination on Silvester’s body, but they do not believe that his death is in any way suspicious, although they are describing it as unexplained.

Yesterday, Gareth May, the headmaster of Anlaby Primary, released a statement following Silvester’s passing saying that everyone involved in the school, staff and students alike, are “deeply saddened by this tragic event.” Anlaby Primary’s student body is made up of approximately 325 pupils in the age range of 4-11.

Police not treating death as suspicious

The local police will not be investigating Silvester’s death as suspicious, so the staff who cooked the dinner that he “choked to death” on will not be facing scrutiny and will be allowed to continue serving choking hazards to young Children.

Staff and pupils of the school have offered their support to Silvester’s family and close friends, and a huge collection of flowers has gathered outside the gates of Anlaby Primary School as a memorial and a tribute to the tragically fallen student.

Furthermore, the staff and pupils themselves will receive counselling and support in the coming days and possibly weeks, in order to deal with the grief and the shock that come along with such a tragic and devastating loss.