Anemia is a disorder is nothing more than a blood disorder characterized by difficulty in the production of hemoglobin, an essential ingredient in the formation of red blood cells. In addition, the anemia is a disease and various causes. Typically, iron deficiency, folic acid or Vitamin B12 can cause different types of disease which is the decreasing number of hemoglobin (red blood cells) and, therefore, decreased oxygenation of body cells, which are serious. Also, check below 8 Myths and truths about anemia.
1. Vegetarians are at increased risk of having anemia ?: Delete all sorts of menu of meat can, YES, offer a higher risk of developing anemia. However, being a vegetarian is not synonymous with neglect of health. If they know use plant sources with combinations that enhance iron absorption, and avoid those that harm may be able to prevent anemia.
2. Children and anemic adults are forbidden to practice sports: Myth. Often lacking provision for the patient to exercise, precisely because of the symptoms of anemia. Yet there is a general medical prohibition. It all depends on the degree of anemia, such as the patient's heart is and intensity of exercise.
3. Can adults also develop the disorder ?: Some people think that only children are likely to have the disorder, but anyone at any age can have anemia. In addition, inadequate nutrition, as well as women who have fibroids, when they have a very menstruation blood loss may result in anemia. The risk of anemia also increases during pregnancy, during breastfeeding, and the elderly.
4. All anemia is genetic ?: myth. As there are hereditary anemias such as sickle cell and thalassemia, not always the cause is inherited. Most anemias is not genetic, but acquired. Some examples are anemia due to iron deficiency, a lack of vitamin B12 and inflammation, among others.
5. Can People anemic not practice sports ?: Great Myth. The disease is not a contraindication to the practice of physical activities. May occur to be more tired, leaving the indisposed person to exercise, but nothing to stop any activity.
6. Can anemia that was not treated turn Leukemia ?: A disease has nothing to do with the other. Although both occur in the blood, a poorly cured anemia never progress to leukemia, which is a type of cancer already when the individual has leukemia can occur also have anemia, since bone marrow does not properly produces red blood cells, white and platelets.
7. Diabetes is one of the causes of anemia ?: One type of anemia is linked to chronic diseases such as diabetes. Although there is iron stores in the body, he can not use the substance correctly.
8. Anemia is always a poor diet sign ?: Mito. There are other factors that can lead to disease. An example is sickle cell anemia, a hereditary condition in which the body produces a different type of hemoglobin that impairs the transport of oxygen through the blood. Still, poor diet is the main cause of anemia in children. In adults, it is rarely caused by dietary factors, and often sign of inflammation, kidney disease, infection, cancer, or bleeding gastritis. #Medicine