Major setback to political scenario of the southern Indian state of Tamilnadu: Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest Sunday evening

J Jayalalithaa, the 68-year-old leader of the party AIADMK and the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, with her powerful political presence, suffered a major setback in the form of cardiac arrest on Sunday evening in Apollo Hospital in Chennai where she had been undergoing treatment for her lung infection, for the past three months.

In a quick verse with Dr. Subbaiah Viswanathan of Apollo Hospital, it was disclosed that Jayalalithaa had been shifted back to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where her functioning is being controlled by an extracorporeal membrane heart assist device.

This is said to be a life support system that supports the uninterrupted functionality of heart and lungs.

The Union Health Minister sends 4 AIIMS heart specialists

Jayalalithaa is closely monitored by the very best of specialized ingenious professionals in the field of cardiology and critical care unit.

Sun News live:

There has been no official statement from the Governor of Tamil Nadu, Vidyasagar,to reaffirm the authenticity of the cardiac arrest, though he was observed visiting the hospital for 10 minutes on his flight from Maharashtra.

Watch AAJ TAK news live:

Extensive care is being taken by the authorities to keep the situation under control by keeping the schools open and the forces to be on duty early morning.

Security beefed up in Tamilnadu

Back up in the form of riot police to be immediately flown into Tamil Nadu incase the situation demands has been set up.

‘Amma’ as she is known to her party and the natives, has been an entrusted figure and ministers of Tamil Nadu along with her staunch supporters were found outside the Chennai hospital, to pray for her recovery.

Jayalalitha news

Jayalalithaa is under treatment in the hospital since September 2016. It was initially proclaimed that she had been admitted for dehydration and fever but gradually it became evident that her illness ran deeper.

She was taken to London and Delhi, but it all proved futile. She is said to have been governing important decisions and work of the party from the hospital with limited interaction.