FC Liverpool advanced to the next round of the English FA Cup thanks to 1-0 against League Two side Plymouth Argyle in the third round of the cup. The only goal of the came early in the game and it was produced by Lucas Leiva – his first goal for The Reds since 2010. It was the second game between the two teams, as the lower rated team was able to achieve 0-0 result in the first game.

Jurgen Klopp and his players will face Wolverhampton Wanders in the next round of the 2016-17 FA Cup, but the previous experience shows, that you can’t ignore any opponent, because you can pay for that.

That’s exactly what happened to Liverpool, as Plymouth proved to be a great contenders for one of the best clubs in the Premier League.

Completly different team

The German manager decided to change almost the entire team, with nine changes from the starting eleven that played against Manchester United in the EPL on Sunday, with the star of the team, Philippe Coutinho featuring in the team. It was his first start since returning back from his injury, that he have picked up in November. And it was the Brazilian maestro, who delivered a fantastic cross from the corner to his national teammate – Lucas Leiva. The defensive midfielder headed the ball into the net in the 18th minute of the game. It was a huge moment for him, as he couldn’t score a single goal for almost six years.

You might be disappointed if you thought that Liverpool will completely dominate this game. The visitors created their own chances and the best one came in the 33th minute of the game, when Oscar Threlkeld failed to deliver the perfect ball for his teammate, who would have had a clear chance to level the scoring in the first half.

'Boring, boring Liverpool'

In the second half the visitors were very close to make a history and score a goal at the Anfield Road. One of the defenders picked up Sonny Bradley in the box thanks to fantastic long ball, who wasted no time to deliver it to Jake Jervis, but unfortunately for Plymouth’s supporters, his acrobatic effort missed the target. Liverpool had the chance to double the scoring, but Divock Origi missed the penalty-shot and the game ended with 1-0 result.