A 2-2 draw against Stoke City guaranteed Afc Bournemouth playing in the English Premier League for another year. The one point picked up and Hull’s defeat at Sunderland made their position mathematically safe. After the game, Eddie Howe showed why many top clubs are keeping a close eye on his progress.

Eddie Howe delighted to secure place in Premier League

Speaking to the BBC, he not only spoke of the joy of cementing their place in the Premier League but highlighted the need to improve. Their goal for the next two games he said, was to try and secure a top 10 finish.

Over the past two seasons, there have been many rumours about Eddie Howe’s future. Many pundits and commentators have spoken about how Eddie Howe may be a good replacement for Arsene Wenger when he decides his time is up at Arsenal. When Roy Hodgson left Eddie Howe was touted to fill the role as the new England International Manager.

These rumours make AFC Bournemouth fans proud, also puts fear into many of them. Eddie Howe’s affiliation with the club runs deep. He has brought wonderful memories through bringing the club from the depths of despair to a third successive season in top flight.

Many want to see Eddie Howe’s name pulled out of the hat for Manager of the Year, along with Sean Dyche for what he has done at Burnley.

If Hull City survives relegation, ones might think that Marco Silva deserves the trophy. Who could argue? Hull escaping relegation from the position they were in when he took over is nothing short of miraculous.

However, we know that the Manager of The Year always goes to the manager that leads his team to the #Premier League title.

So, Antonio Conte, take a bow!

Bournemouth vs Stoke match details

With that said, it could have been very different yesterday had the match referee Paul Tierney taken a different viewpoint of Harry Arters crunching tackle on Joe Allen. The tackle was full blooded but legal, according to Eddie Howe who hadn’t seen a replay when he spoke to the BBC.

That must have been how Paul Tierney saw it as he only showed Harry Arter a yellow card.

Mark Hughes, Stoke City’s manager was disappointed that the referee had taken such a lenient view on a tackle that could have left Joe Allen with a serious injury. Mark Hughes, when speaking in his post-match press conference made his opinion clear.

These sorts of decisions have clouded many of the games this season. There has been a real disparity of how managers, players, and referees define what a reckless challenge is and which deserve a straight red card.

The Harry Arter tackle on Joe Allen happened when Bournemouth and Stoke were still goalless. The game saw good moments of football which produced four goals. Stoke went ahead when Mousset headed into his own net off a Stoke corner. Bournemouth pulled one goal back in the second half through Junior Stanislas. Diouf put Stoke back ahead with 15 minutes left, but Bournemouth's never say die attitude saw them equalise through a rather fortunate own goal that came off Ryan Shawcross with a few minutes to go.