Bradford City 2 MK Dons 1

Bradford fought back from a goal behind at Valley Parade last night, to enhance their League One play-off hopes, with a resilient 2-1 victory over high-flying Milton Keynes Dons. Both sides have been known for their giant-killing antics this season, with Bradford shocking the Football world when they knocked Chelsea out of the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge and MK Dons doing likewise in blitzing mighty Manchester United in the Capital One Cup. They both went into the game brimming with confidence, with a close game expected and so it proved in the match itself.

With plenty of typically wet winter weather in recent times in the area, the pitch was a bit on the heavy side and cutting up as the match wore on, making it difficult for flowing football to flourish. In fact, it resembled a typical FA Cup pitch of old at this time of year. Not that the teams were not trying to put on a spectacle for the fans to enjoy though, as the game had a good rhythm to it, with plenty of commitment shown from both sides.

With few genuine chances in the first-half, it was Bradford who enjoyed the majority of the territorial advantage and forced a number of corners, yet could not find a clear shot on target.

The visitors took the lead 9 minutes into the second-half, slightly against the run of play, when Dele Alli scored for Karl Robinson's side, but Bradford were always in contention in the contest.

Their sustained pressure paid off just two minutes later, as Billy Clarke beat the offside trap to put them all-square and the home fans were ecstatic when James Hanson turned the game on its head at 2-1 in their favour on 70 minutes. It had appeared that Chelsea's destroyer, Jon Stead had handled in controlling the ball in the build up to the second goal for the home side, something that he admitted himself afterwards.

The referee deemed it accidental at the time though, playing on and allowing Hanson to steer the ball home, after Stead's inviting pass.

Both teams had good chances to score further goals in the later stages, as Andrew Davies wasted a good opportunity to seal it for the home side from close range, before Carl Baker was denied an equalizer by keeper Jordan Pickford.

The win elevated the Bantams back into the play-off places, while MK remained in third as their automatic promotion to the Championship hopes were severely dented. The Yorkshire side return to FA Cup action in the fifth round at the weekend, when they host Sunderland, and will no doubt be looking to add another Premier League scalp to their belt.