After a heavy loss, India faces New Zealand in the second T20I at the Eden Park in Auckland on Friday, February 8, 2019. A win for New Zealand will seal the series for them while India will hope to stay alive in the series.

Live updates:

New Zealand won the toss and opted to bat. "We were looking to bowl first as well," Rohit says.

India XI:

Rohit Sharma (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Khaleel Ahmed.

The match will begin at 7:00 PM NZDT, 11:30 AM IST.

NZ v IND 2nd T20I telecast details

Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 Hindi and Star Sports Select will broadcast NZ v IND 2nd T20I in India while Sky Sports NZ will telecast the match live in New Zealand. Hotstar will stream both the matches (men's and women's) live on the app and website.

Read: Star Sports live streaming Ind vs NZ 4th ODI: 5 things to know

Just like in Wellington on Wednesday, the women's teams of both countries will play each other in their second T20I at the same venue in the afternoon. The match will begin at 3:00 PM NZDT, 7:30 PM IST. New Zealand women's team is leading the series 1-0 after winning the first game. According to the Cricbuzz report, Blackcaps captain Kane Williamson said in an interview that the victory of the women's team gave his side a boost going into the first T20I.

Blackcaps face all-rounder conundrum

New Zealand made a brave call by benching Jimmy Neesham and Doug Bracewell in the previous game. Their replacements, Colin de Grandhomme and Daryl Mitchell, did bowl well but their batting was still disappointing. Kane Williamson could try one between Bracewell and Neesham, but it is likely that blackcaps will continue with the winning combination.

India struggle with form rather than conditions

The margin of India's loss in the previous just reflects the poor performance by the side in Wellington. With the series on the line, the visitors may look for some changes, and they do have plenty of options to choose from. Kedar Jadhav and Kuldeep Yadav might sit continue to warm the benches, but Mohammad Siraj could have a look-in.

Both the Pandya brothers are likely getting another chance after an average show in the first game.

New Zealand is known for short boundaries, and Eden Park probably has the shortest of them. Throw in a flat wicket, and you will see several high-scoring games. Auckland has seen a few, and on Friday, it could see another. With gigantic stands and huge crowds, this game is expected to be a cracker. There shouldn't be any obstructions weather wise as the forecast predicts clear skies all through the evening.

Read: Highlights: New Zealand hand India their worst T20 defeat, beat them by 80 runs