California honors the victims of 9/11
To honor the souls that lost their bodies in that tragic incident that forever changed the lives of Americans, many organizations and institutions have prepared commemorations today (September 11, 2016) in Southern #California.
Events going to be held in California
1. Pepperdine University in Malibu, offered a religious service in memory of the victims.There are also 26 display flags that 2,977 students have installed on the college campus..
2. A similar display will be offered by the Shepherd of the Hills Church, which will have the same number of flags along Corbin Avenue and Rinaldi Street, Porter Ranch.
3. In Palmdale, a ceremony will be held in memory of 9/11 at the entrance of the Antelope Valley Mall. Representatives of the California Highway Patrol, State Prison, the Fire Department and Los Angeles County Sheriff will participate in the event, inviting the entire community.
4. Los Angeles Fire Department Station 88 will also organize a commemorative event entitled "Never Forget" at 6:30 pm. This will take place where the fire station and the Memorial Fountain, built with remains of the World Trade Center and Pentagon.
5. In the California Lutheran University, there will be an event with music and poetry. There will be the Conejo Valley Peace Heroes Walk, a commemorative march that will collect donations to campaigns of nonprofit organization ReGeneration to promote peace and education in the United States and the Middle East..
6. The city of Huntington Beach inaugurate its memorial to 9/11 after 5 years of work. The memorial is constructed with steel parts rescued from Ground Zero and two black granite pillars that are 9 feet tall. The ceremony will be attended by police officers from New York and there will be live music too.
7. The association 'Muslims for Progressive Values in Los Angeles' organized a solidarity march which will start from Pershing Square and will include a ceremony during which memorial candles will light. #United States #Terrorism