With the arrival of a new season comes a review of some of the hottest #Makeup trends that fit the most recent fashion trends. Just like the warmness of summer, the trends with style are set to match with bright makeup colors. For the eyes, one of the hottest trends is capturing the Smokey eye look. While this look is both popular and gorgeous, it can be a nightmare to apply if you are not sure how to get it right.
So, thankfully, in this two article series, the nightmare should never again happen for you since the application process for the three most popular Smokey eye looks (bronze, blue, and neutral) are broken down for you in steps. You'll not only learn the process well because you'll be prepared with a plan for application, you'll have a choice of three different types of Smokey eye looks. The knowledge of the three different shade approaches will let you mix and match your look with your outfits, as well as give you options to pick from to change your #eye makeup style. And the best part about having options is that you'll keep your look fresh because you can keep changing it up.
But if you’ve ever had difficulty with the look, don’t be turned off by it. Instead, review some of the tips and tricks here about how you can get it right while adding some color to your makeup look.
Learn to rock the bronze Smokey eye
For the more traditional Smokey eye look, you want to pull out your bronze, brown and copper eyeshadows. This look is great for going out out night and will accent your eyes perfectly.
1. First, you need to get your eyelids primed. Either uses a traditional eye makeup primer, or if you don’t own one, you can prime your eyes with concealer and powder to get started.
2. Get an eyebrow pencil that matches your natural brows. Use that to set your brows straight.
3. Find an eyeshadow that is a golden bronze color. Get your brush, and put that color everywhere on the lid up to the crease of it.
4. Get a darker brown color and apply it only to the outside corner of your eyelid.
5. Now, blend the colors to make the look come together.
6. Get a dark bronze color and put it in the crease. This step is what makes the Smokey eye look with these colors.
7. Get your dark brown you used earlier and apply it along your lash line, almost like eyeliner. Follow this with some dark brown eyeliner or black and you’ve got the Bronze Smokey eye look down.
8. Don’t forget to finish the look off with mascara.