It’s officially the end of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt as we know it, after being together for over a decade. The couple met on set of Mr & Mr Smith whilst Brad whilst still married to #Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston - much like most #celebrity couples who begin their relationship on a movie set. Pitt divorced his then wife Jennifer Aniston and went on to date Angelina for 10 years before finally tying the knot.
Pop culture feud
Without a doubt, one of the most enduring pop culture rivalries of the past few decades has been the Team Aniston vs Team Jolie feud that has stood the test of time. Perhaps it was to be expected after Brad famously split from America's sweetheart and Friends star Jennifer Aniston to be with his new love and everyone’s fantasy woman Angelina Jolie..
So now the one question that has been playing on everyone’s mind is “What was Jennifer Aniston’s reaction to the divorce?” She was Brad’s wife and was happy with him for years until their sudden divorce in 2005. Fast forward a few years and she is happily married to Hollywood heartthrob, actor Justin Theroux. We may not know Jen personally but something tells us she is doing just fine. It’s Angelina Jolie and the kids we should be worried about.
The list that you need to know
The Maleficent actress finally revealed “irreconcilable issues” as the reason for their divorce as one of Hollywood's highest profiled marriages comes to an end. Here’s what we know so far: #Brangelina #AngelinaJolie #Celebrities.
- Rumour has it that Angelina was upset with Brad’s on set hook up with Marion Cotillard but she has stated that the divorce doesn’t have a third party angle.
- Angelina is not seeking any kind of spousal support from Brad Pitt.
- Angelina Jolie is being represented by Laura Wasser and the actress has agreed to share joint legal custody with her actor husband while she has physical custody of her six children – 15-year-old Maddox, 12-year-old Pax, 11-year-old Zahara, 10-year-old Shiloh and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
- Brad Pitt released one official statement since the shocking news broke. "I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the wellbeing of our kids," Pitt said Tuesday in a statement to CNN. "I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time."
- However a TMZ report claims that Angelina was fed up with Pitt’s addiction issues. According to the publication, the actress became fed up with Brad’s anger, weed and alcohol addictions. Angelina felt that Brad’s this behaviour was dangerous for her children and decided to file for divorce.